My challenge this week is to create tin can walkie-talkies!
If you have any tin cans or paper cups lying about this will be an excellent challenge for you to recreate at home. Remember to ask a grown up if you are unsure about what you can use.
For this challenge you will need:
- Two tin cans that have been cleaned and checked by a grown up (make sure there are no sharp edges). Alternatively, you can use two paper cups.
- A piece of string or thin material, a shoelace could also work.
- Paint, colouring pens/pencils, and some paper for decorating.
- Some sticky tape.
How to make it:
- Start by decorating your tin can or paper cups.
- Attach your string to the bottom of each cup or tin using sticky tape.
- See if it works (if it doesn’t work try making the string a bit shorter but ask a grown up for help if you need to cut it shorter).
Finally, post a picture to your class dojo page, or better yet a video of your walkie-talkie in action! 😊